Monday, December 10, 2012

Ang Panlimang Alas Ay Nakabaon Sa Iyong Dibdib

Ang Panlimang Alas Ay Nakabaon Sa Iyong Dibdib
By Alan Navarra
ISBN:  971-0545-16-7
B&W Illustrated novel
SRP:  Php210.00
Language:  English, peppered with Ilonggo and Tagalog.

The ground gives way. A ditch suddenly presents the gift of gravity. And I embrace it. I fall fast. Hard. I hit the dirt. Rather, it hits me. It twists my foot like a wet twig. I lie in the ditch: foot hurting and back aching. Too tired to get up, too messed up to try. So I stay down. And let it all sink in. All of it. Today, I am Raymund Galang. I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up. I close my eyes. I empty my head of all my thoughts. Until there is nothing left to think about.



*As of 12/10/2012:  Available in Pandayan Bookshop branches and
Fully Booked Metro Manila branches.
*As of 01/02/2013:  Also available in all National Bookstore and Powerbooks branches.

No comments: